Live Easy, Guaranteed.
Our Live Easy Guarantees are just that – three key ways we’ll help you make life easier when it comes to taking care of maintenance issues, loving where you live, or moving to another Cortland community.†
Our 48-Hour Service Completion Guarantee
At Cortland, we understand that maintenance issues can pop up anytime – not just during office hours. That’s why we offer a service guarantee that ensures you’re taken care of – anytime.
Our promise is simple: if we don’t resolve your routine service request within 48 hours, seven days a week, and you let us know in writing, you will live rent-free until we fix the issue.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit a service request for your home – anytime, anywhere – using your online portal or your community’s 24/7 service hotline. Our clock starts the minute you submit your request.
- Let your management team know in writing if we have not solved your problem within 48 hours. We’ll gladly compensate you with a rent credit for each full day after you notify us, until the original request is resolved to your satisfaction.
A few notes:
The guarantee only applies to what we can directly control within the apartment, which doesn’t include vendors, contractors, or resident-caused damage. For that reason, the following requests are not covered by this guarantee:
- Wall/ceiling repairs and/or painting
- Flooring repairs or replacement
- Exterior repairs, like windows, siding, roofing, etc.
- TV, internet, or utility services
- Pest management services
- Repairs that require special-order parts
- Any damage caused by residents, occupants, or guests
Also, for everyone’s safety, our guarantee does not apply in situations when we have to delay a service due to the following:
- Your pet wasn’t secured in your home
- There were minors at home without an adult present
- We were unable to access your home (e.g. lock changed)
- Natural disasters or severe inclement weather occurred
- A State of Emergency is declared at a State or National level
Our 45-Day Move-In Satisfaction Guarantee
When you join one of our communities, we’re so convinced you’ll love your new home that we offer a 45-day move-in satisfaction guarantee that lets you move out, without a penalty.
Here's how it works:
- If you’re not completely satisfied with your new home, just let your management team know within 45 days of your lease start date.
- You’ll need to provide a written, 30-Day “Notice to Vacate” at least 30 days before you intend to move out.
- You pay your rent charges in full through your move-out date – including monthly fees and utilities. You will also need to reimburse us for any move-in discounts and/or incentives you may have received.
As long as you take care of those items, we’ll do the following to help you move on with as little expense and hassle as possible:
- Refund your security deposit (and pet deposit, if applicable), minus any damages.
- Waive any fees associated with terminating your lease.
- Accept a written 30-Day “Notice to Vacate,” instead of our standard 60-Day notice.
Our Community Relocation Guarantee
Get a great job opportunity in a new city? Need to move closer to family? Whatever the reason, we’d love for you to find your next home at another Cortland community.
If you need to move before your lease is over – and you move to a Cortland community – we’ll gladly waive all fees associated with ending your lease early and transferring to a new community. We’ll also refund your security deposit (and pet deposit, if applicable).*
Here's how it works:
To qualify for our guarantee, these are the only things you need to do:
- Fulfill at least six months of your current lease.
- Provide a written 60-Day "Notice to Vacate."
- Be considered in good standing with the community (no late payments, complaints, etc.)
- Pay all balances, including any damages, cleaning charges, etc. before you move.
- Sign a lease at your new Cortland community!
*Residents can only qualify for the Relocation Guarantee once during a twelve-month period. The Relocation Guarantee only applies to transfers to another Cortland community at least 10 miles in distance from the resident’s current community. Waived fees include early termination, transfer, and application fees. The new community may collect an administration fee. If a resident chooses to transfer to another Cortland community before six months of their current lease have been fulfilled, they will be charged a $500 transfer fee.
† Cortland reserves the right to modify or cancel any of these guarantees at any time.